A very productive weekend. I:
- Replaced the burned-out bulbs in the front post light on one side of our complex’s driveway. This included trimming back bushes so I could get to it.
- Bought and installed a new showerhead.
- Bought and installed a new double light switch in the master bathroom. For some reason one of the switches only works if the other one is on too, which isn’t how the old one worked, but I can’t figure out exactly what I did wrong, and the way it works now is good enough, since I always turn those two on at the same time anyway.
- Figured out which of our complex’s sprinklers is busted and gushing water in the morning, and shut it down until we can get it fixed.
- Played some Spore. Did I mention that I bought Spore last week?
- Bought cat food. This one is very important – just ask the cats!
- Talked to my Mom.
Plus various little chores around the house.
The downside is that I payed bills tonight and noticed a couple of charges on one of my credit cards which were not mine. It sounds like someone got hold of and used the previous number attached to my account (and which is auto-forwarded to the new number). So I asked them to close the account and open a new one. And dispute the bogus charges, of course. Hopefully it will all go smoothly and I’ll be up-and-running again in a couple of days with a new card. But I always get all stressed out whenever something like this happens – I wish I didn’t, but I don’t know how not to. Debbi told me to take deep breaths, since there’s nothing I can do until the new card arrives – I’ve done all I can do. But I’ll be on edge until it does arrive.
At least this time it didn’t happen right before I went away on vacation.