I haven’t had much time to update recently. A lot of this is because it’s been insanely busy at work recently, and like (I imagine) many people I scribble down things for journal entries during slow times at work. But if there aren’t any slow times, well, you get the picture.
But I’m plenty busy out of work, too. For instance:
- I had frisbee last night. And next Thursday. And then our final tournament on Easter Sunday. And that’ll be it for the season.
- I’m still playing Magic Monday nights.
- It turns out there’s a regular Tuesday night poker game near my house. I went by this week, but only one other person showed up, so it was cancelled. But not before I walked over.
- I’ve been going over my taxes from my CPA. Every year I find something that confuses me, so this always takes longer than I think it should. I have yet to find an actual error in her work, though!
- Our homeowners association is looking at treating our buildings for termites. I’m mostly staying out of it, but I still read the updates. This is going to be a real pain in the ass if we tent our building, mainly in that we’ll have to figure out what to do with the cats for several days. Ideally we can stay in a pet-friendly hotel, but we’ll see.
- My friend Karen is visiting this weekend, for her birthday, so we’ll likely be all around the Bay Area over two days. This also means we’ve been cleaning a lot this week, especially to cut down on the cat dander.
- Next weekend is our fantasy baseball draft, so I’ve been preparing for that, which is a time sink. (Keeper lists are due tomorrow.)
- I’ve been doing some weeding and tree-trimming in the back yard, in advance of all the spring greenery coming in.
- I still need to order tickets to the Red Sox/A’s games, which are the week after Easter.
It’s hard to wedge journal entries into all of that. But after the Sox games, life should go back to normal, I think. (Well, until we tent for termites.)
I think my pinched nerve is slowly getting better. Yesterday was the first day in quite a while when I didn’t notice any pain in my arm (until I played frisbee, which aggravated it). I take that as a good sign. But it’s still not all better, as I do get the bicep soreness regularly, and the hand tingling occasionally. So I suspect it will be a while yet. The doctor didn’t say how long I should wait if it doesn’t go completely away before I contact him again. But hopefully it won’t be an issue, and it will in fact heal over the next few weeks.
I’m still grateful that it’s merely annoying and not impairing; it could have been so much worse.
My physical exam was pretty routine. I still need to lose weight, so I’m trying to cut back my eating a bit (which is all it takes, really, given time). I need to make an appointment to see a dermatologist, since I have a few odd marks on my skin. My doctor said none of them look alarming to him, but he thought it’s worth my getting checked out by an expert just to be safe.
So that’s what’s going on. I may update only sporadically for a couple of weeks, but I’ll be back!