We’d planned to then have a quiet weekend, but it ended up being surprisingly busy:
- I finally took the time to do all the after-winter cleaning of the back yard, weeding and trimming and such. I’ve been doing a little here and there, but I got it all done this weekend.
- Turned over the soil in the planter.
- Debbi changed the sheets on the bed while I was doing that.
- Stained the back section of the planter.
- Bought and planted tomato and cucumber plants (surrounded by marigolds) in the planter.
- Went to the comics shop for Free Comic Book Day.
- Hit the library on the way home to pick up a book I had on hold.
- Went to the farmer’s market on Sunday, bravely fighting our way through the hordes of morons to do so. I swear, every stupid driver and pedestrian in the area converged on the farmer’s market that morning.
- Made a big shopping run to pick up clothes and bathroom items.
- Went for a bike ride through the park, since I’d gotten our bikes tuned up on Friday.
- Finally finished cleaning the last few things from when Dad visited.
- Grilled herb-and-onion hamburgers, with grilled potatoes and carrots, while watching the Phillies beat the tar out of Johan Santana and the Mets on Sunday Night Baseball.
We did get some downtime in there (slept late on Saturday, dinner & reading at Cafe Borrone, random downtime on Sunday), but it was a busy weekend. We certainly got a lot done, and had some fun along the way, too, but it was hectic at times!